By S. Irudaya Rajan
India Migration document 2015 explores migration and its an important linkages with gender. This quantity:
• experiences vital concerns equivalent to abnormal migration, marriage migration and family labour migration, in addition to the interconnections of migration, gender and caste;
• highlights the connection among economics and altering gender dynamics caused through migration; and
• files first-hand reports of migrants from throughout India.
Part of the distinguished annual sequence, this paintings might be important to students and researchers of improvement reports, economics, migration and diaspora stories, and sociology. it's going to additionally curiosity policy-makers and govt associations operating within the area.
Read or Download India Migration Report 2015: Gender and Migration PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
Pennsylvania contained the biggest focus of early America's abolitionist leaders and enterprises, making it an important and illustrative level from which to appreciate how nationwide conversations concerning the position of unfastened blacks in early the United States originated and developed, and, importantly, the function that colonization--supporting the emigration of loose and emancipated blacks to Africa--played in nationwide and foreign antislavery activities.
Metropolitan Detroit is domestic to 1 of the most important, such a lot different Arab groups outdoor the center East, but the complicated international Arabic-speaking immigrants have created there's slightly obvious at the panorama of ethnic the USA. during this quantity, Nabeel Abraham and Andrew Shryock collect the paintings of twenty-five members to create a richly precise portrait of Arab Detroit.
From the streets of Calais to the borders of Melilla, Evros and the USA, the slogan 'No borders! ' is a thread connecting a mess of other struggles for the liberty to maneuver and to stick. yet what does it suggest to make this slogan a truth? Drawing at the author's large examine in Greece and Calais, in addition to a decade campaigning for migrant rights, Natasha King explores the several sorts of activism that experience emerged within the fight opposed to border controls, and the dilemmas those activists face in translating their rules into perform.
Transnational expert migrants are usually considered privileged migrants with versatile citizenship. This ebook demanding situations this assumption via studying the varied migration trajectories, studies and dilemmas confronted via tertiary-educated cellular Malaysian migrants via a postcolonial lens. It argues that cellular Malaysians’ tradition of migration might be understood as an final result and end result of British colonial legacies – of race, schooling, and citizenship – inherited and exacerbated by means of the post-colonial Malaysian country.
- Retreat from a Rising Sea: Hard Choices in an Age of Climate Change
- Postcolonial Minorities in Britain and France: In the Hyphen of the Nation-State
- Hope and Uncertainty in Contemporary African Migration (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
- Africans in China: A Sociocultural Study and Its Implications on Africa-China Relations
- Living Together, Living Apart: Mixed Status Families and US Immigration Policy
Additional info for India Migration Report 2015: Gender and Migration
India Migration Report 2015: Gender and Migration by S. Irudaya Rajan