By Kathleen F. Weaver,Vanessa C. Morales,Sarah L. Dunn,Kanya Godde,Pablo F. Weaver
Provides well-organized assurance of statistical research and purposes in biology, kinesiology, and actual anthropology with finished insights into the suggestions and interpretations of R, SPSS®, Excel®, and Numbers® output
An advent to Statistical research in study: With purposes within the organic and lifestyles Sciences develops a conceptual starting place in statistical research whereas supplying readers with possibilities to perform those abilities through research-based facts units in biology, kinesiology, and actual anthropology. Readers are supplied with a close creation and orientation to statistical research in addition to useful examples to make sure a radical figuring out of the suggestions and technique. furthermore, the ebook addresses not only the statistical techniques researchers might be conversant in, but additionally demonstrates their relevance to real-world learn questions and the way to accomplish them utilizing simply on hand software program applications together with R, SPSS®, Excel®, and Numbers®. particular emphasis is at the functional software of statistics within the organic and existence sciences, whereas bettering reader talents in settling on the study questions and testable hypotheses, picking out the fitting experimental method and statistical analyses, processing facts, and reporting the study outcomes.
In addition, this book:
• goals to improve readers’ talents together with how one can file study results, ensure the right experimental technique and statistical research, and determine the wanted examine questions and testable hypotheses
• contains pedagogical components all through that improve the final studying event together with case stories and tutorials, all with a purpose to achieve complete comprehension of designing an test, contemplating biases and out of control variables, examining facts, and using the best statistical program with legitimate justification
• Fills the distance among theoretically pushed, mathematically heavy texts and introductory, step by step variety books whereas getting ready readers with the programming abilities had to perform simple statistical checks, construct help figures, and interpret the results
• presents a significant other site that includes comparable R, SPSS, Excel, and Numbers info units, pattern PowerPoint® lecture slides, finish of the bankruptcy overview questions, software program video tutorials that spotlight easy statistical suggestions, and a pupil workbook and teacher manual
An advent to Statistical research in study: With functions within the organic and lifestyles Sciences is an excellent textbook for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level classes in examine equipment, biostatistics, information, biology, kinesiology, activities technological know-how and medication, healthiness and actual schooling, drugs, and nutrients. The ebook can also be acceptable as a reference for researchers and execs within the fields of anthropology, activities study, activities technological know-how, and actual education.
KATHLEEN F. WEAVER, PhD, is affiliate Dean of studying, Innovation, and educating and Professor within the division of Biology on the college of l. a. Verne. the writer of diverse magazine articles, she acquired her PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from the collage of Colorado.
VANESSA C. MORALES, BS, is Assistant Director of the tutorial good fortune heart on the college of los angeles Verne.
SARAH L. DUNN, PhD, is affiliate Professor within the division of Kinesiology on the college of l. a. Verne and is Director of analysis and backed courses. She has authored quite a few magazine articles and got her PhD in health and wellbeing and workout technological know-how from the college of recent South Wales.
KANYA GODDE, PhD, is Assistant Professor within the division of Anthropology and is Director/Chair of Institutional overview Board on the collage of los angeles Verne. the writer of diverse j
Read or Download An Introduction to Statistical Analysis in Research: With Applications in the Biological and Life Sciences PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
Statistical distributions are essentially the most very important utilized mathematical instruments throughout a large spectrum of disciplines, together with engineering, organic sciences, and health and wellbeing and social sciences. seeing that they're used to version saw information and finally to boost inferential techniques, figuring out the houses of statistical distributions is necessary to constructing optimum inferential tools and validating the ensuing version assumptions.
The current quantity involves papers written by means of scholars, colleagues and collaborators of Sreenivasa Rao Jammalamadaka from a variety of nations, and covers numerous examine issues which he enjoys and contributed immensely to.
Choose the optimum version for studying Multivariate DataIntroduction to Multivariate research: Linear and Nonlinear Modeling indicates how multivariate research is commonly used for extracting priceless info and styles from multivariate facts and for knowing the constitution of random phenomena.
The revised and improved version of this textbook provides the options and purposes of random techniques with an analogous illuminating simplicity as its first variation, yet with the extraordinary addition of considerable sleek fabric on organic modeling. whereas nonetheless treating many vital difficulties in fields similar to engineering and mathematical physics, the booklet additionally makes a speciality of the hugely proper issues of cancerous mutations, influenza evolution, drug resistance, and immune reaction.
- A Course on Statistics for Finance
- Register-based Statistics: Statistical Methods for Administrative Data (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology)
- Übungsbuch Mathematik für Fachschule Technik und Berufskolleg: Anwendungsorientierte Aufgaben mit ausführlichen Lösungen (German Edition)
- Introduction to Robust Estimation and Hypothesis Testing (Statistical Modeling and Decision Science)
- Stochastic Models with Power-Law Tails: The Equation X = AX + B (Springer Series in Operations Research and Financial Engineering)
- Improving Natural Resource Management: Ecological and Political Models (Statistics in Practice)
Additional info for An Introduction to Statistical Analysis in Research: With Applications in the Biological and Life Sciences
An Introduction to Statistical Analysis in Research: With Applications in the Biological and Life Sciences by Kathleen F. Weaver,Vanessa C. Morales,Sarah L. Dunn,Kanya Godde,Pablo F. Weaver